Tuesday 27 November 2018

Pink Lotus

Good evening, all!

I've just submitted one of my latest drawings to compete in one of FusionArt's ongoing challenges, the theme being "Leaves & Petals". I'll attach the link here once the results have been announced – hopefully I'll be able to be one of the winners this time! That would've been great news.

Edit (3rd Dec) : I've obtained an Honourable Mention in FusionArt's 4th Annual Leaves & Petals Art Exhibition! It came as such a wonderful surprise, like an early Christmas present and I am so pleased to announce this on my blog!


I've opted for another brand of coloured pencils this time for the petals of the lotus flowers this time because I found it more difficult to blend the shades of pink using my Faber Castell Polychromo Coloured Pencils. Derwent UK - Coloursoft was a much better option in this case and it made blending the colours much, much easier, and also helped to bring out the pinkish-ness of the flower, else it might've just looked as if it was already wilted.

Stay tuned!
Lots of love, Nancie

0 comments:

Post a Comment